be quiet! Dark Rock TF2 review
Silent while properly cooling your processor
German-based bequiet! updated their Dark Rock CPU coolers. The Dark Rock TF2 expands on the top flow design of its predecessor dating back all the way to 2015, but adds a new dual-heatsink design that has a slightly different form and adds around 17 percent more weight to the product overall. The TDP rating for the Dark Rock TF2 is slightly greater than that of its predecessor, at 230W versus 220W, as a result of the significant modifications made. The most important characteristic of the Dark Rock TF2 is its high-end performance, which is achieved through the use of a dual-heatsink design, six high-performance 6mm heat pipes, and two Silent Wings 135mm fans, among other things. Of course, the latest Silent Wings 3 fans, which have been enhanced from the first edition of this fan series, are used in the new design. Additionally, a dar design, as well as the distinctive powder-coated black finish, demonstrate how fashionable the new Dark Rock TF2 is.
If you are thinking about using the stay quiet! With fans mounted, the Dark Rock TF2 is 163 x 140 x 134mm and weighs 945g in size and weight. According to the manufacturer, the cooler is compatible with Intel 1200 / 2066 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 2011(-3) Square ILM and AMD AM4 / AM3(+) sockets, it will also be compatible with socket LGA 1700, Alder Lake, and thus gen 12 Core processors from Intel.
- Extremely high cooling performance with 230W TDP
- Two heat sinks with anti-vibration rubber inserts
- Six high-performance 6mm heat pipes
- Silent Wings 3 135mm with funnel shape and a Silent Wings 135mm for virtually inaudible operation of max. 27.1dB(A)
- Fans equipped with durable fluid-dynamic bearing and smooth 6-pole motor
- Optimized mounting kit with a fixed cooler mounting bridge makes for an easy installation
- Special black coating with ceramic particles enables perfect heat transfer
- Brushed aluminum top cover for elegant look
- Three-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Product conception, design and quality control made in Germany
The cooler is compatible with all recent AMD APUs. The following are the noise levels generated by a sample range of fan speeds: 50, 75, and 100 percent PWM yield 11.1, 19.7, and 27.1dB(A) noise levels, respectively. The company provides this cooler with a small syringe thermal grease, mounting brackets for Intel/AMD processors, and installation instructions in both English and German (other languages online).
Be silent! is the new phrase. Dark Rock TF2 carries a suggested retail price (MSRP) at $85.90/€85.90/£79.99.
Let’s go onwards into our review.