Download AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta – as released by AMD. Supported cards are ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series Graphics up to Fury-X.
AMD yet again issued a driver update bringing their Catalyst 15.9 driver towards Catalyst 15.9.1 The Catalyst 15.9 Beta driver update introduced specific performance enhancements and optimizations for Star Wars Battlefront Beta and Fable Legends as well as a sizable list of bug fixes.
This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta Driver. This particular software suite updates the AMD Catalyst Display Driver and the AMD Catalyst Control Center. This unified driver has been updated, and is designed to provide enhanced performance and reliability.
The AMD Catalyst Software Suite, AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta Driver contains the following:
- The DirectX Diagnostic tool does not report DirectX 12 available on supported products
- Star Wars: Battlefront Beta – Performance and quality optimizations Fable Legends : Includes the latest DirectX 12 optimizations for the Fable Legends: Benchmark.
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows 10 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or higher (32 & 64-bit)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta Windows Driver.
- Star Wars: Battlefront Beta – Performance and quality optimizations
- Fable Legends : Includes the latest DirectX® 12 optimizations for the Fable Legends: Benchmark
-  Diablo 3 crashes in the Act 2 Desolate Sands area of the game
-  The AMD Catalyst Control Center ‘update’ option fails to download the latest driver
-  Dragon Age: Inquisition may crash if launched in Mantle mode
-  The DirectX® Diagnostic tool does not report DirectX® 12 available on supported products
-  World of Warships may crash on some AMD Radeon HD5000 and HD6000 series products
-  Assassin’s Creed® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when AMD CrossFire™ mode is enabled
-  Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied
-  Some BENQ 144hz Freesync™ monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver
-  DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors
-  GTA V crashes on some AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU’s
-  Star Wars: Battlefront Bata – Flickering may be experience if AMD Crossfire is enabled
-  Corruption may occur in DiRT Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled
-  A black screen may be encountered on bootup on Windows 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen.
-  Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PoweDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI cable
-  A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K Youtube content
-  Elite: Dangerous – poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode
-  Final Fantasy XIV – Heavensward may crash when run in DirectX 11® mode and borderless window mode
-  Some applications may fail to launch on some Mobility platforms when launched in High Performance mode
-  Windows 10 driver installation may halt on some systems with an AMD 990FX chipset and AMD CrossFire™ enabled
-  Mad Max – Color corruption is observed when Alt+Ctrl+Del is pressed followed by the Escape ke
ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics up to Fury-X
Have you read our AMD Radeon R9 NANO review already ?